“You and your child’s information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company or entity...”
Last Updated: 3/29/20
We care deeply about your and your child’s privacy. As such, we want you to feel both secure and safe as you and your child interact with us. We take your privacy and all information that you share with us seriously. Your information will not be sold or shared with other third parties except as noted below. This serves as our clear statement to teachers, parents and students that we are committed to transparent and fair data collection practices.
What We Collect
We collect information from you when you use features of our site in a number of ways including registering on our site, using site features, placing an order, subscribing to our service or newsletter, responding to a survey or completing surveys and any other forms. Specific data collected includes:
- Information You Give Us: We collect parent name, associated student(s), associated BizzyB Group(s), postal address, time zone, email address, social media channels, phone number, password, demographic information (such as your gender and ethnic background) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. For the purpose of providing an educational experience, we also collect student name, associated parent(s), associated BizzyB Group(s), associated BizzyB Team(s), postal address, time zone, email address, social media channels, phone number, school name, grade, graduation year, password, demographic information (such as your gender and ethnic background) and corresponding use of Library Templates, Lessons and Contests. Once active within the Site, students have the options of adding and changing their profile picture and background image, but neither are required. Students are also invited to provide a brief introduction about themselves through short slogan and bio descriptions that are accessible to other Site users, however students and their respective teachers and parents may mask or delete student information and accounts at any time. The primary utility of Site is for students to work collaboratively on innovation projects, thus journaling content, comments and messaging are key points of information contributed to student projects. In the event that a student leaves a team project, content contributed by the student remains part of the team’s content however the student’s identity will be removed from all areas including association with team content. Students are also invited to share personal portfolio pages as downloaded PDFs, private link and/or public portfolio pages, however students and their respective teachers and parents may mask or delete student information and accounts at any time. All users, including students, are invited within the Site to author Library templates, manage student groups, mentor teams, manage contests, thus additional data will be collected, however like other areas of the Site can be edited and deleted by students, teachers and parents. Students are also subject to pre- and post- assessment surveys that measure creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship skills and aspirations. Such measurements are not grades, but rather personal insight for students to understand areas of personal interest and possible career directions. We only retain personal information collected online from a child for only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and we delete the information using reasonable measures to protect against its unauthorized access or use.
- Information We Get From Others. We may receive and add information about you from other sources.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log user activity in the Site such as device used, computer operating system, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages viewed, how long spent on a page, access times and information about Site use and actions such as project journaling.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information collected from you and your child in the following ways to:
- personalize your experience.
- improve, operate and maintain this Site and associated services.
- process transactions.
- administer Site challenges, surveys and other site features.
- respond to comments, questions and provide customer service.
- send information including confirmations, notifications, updates, security alerts, invoices and support and administrative messages.
- communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about the Site and products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- associate or combine user information with other personal information.
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- create aggregation insight reports containing non-personally identifiable user information that do not divulge specific individual user identities or content.
- Public Reports including student identity and project information is defaulted to non-publish. Students can share and set project reports to public as an option.
- Parents can open accounts to associate their accounts with respective student accounts in order to gain override and delete projects and students accounts.
- Teachers as Group Managers can override student turning publishing settings to on positions.
This Site contains multiple warnings that it is only for users over the age of 13 years old thus is outside the scope of COPPA (California Online Privacy Protection Act) laws which specifically are limited to users under the age of 13. To be extra safe, we have taken precautions to be COPPA compliant. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. Also, all users of this Site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their dashboard and going to the “Edit Profile” page. Further, note that COPPA only applies to information collected through our online Site and not to information collected outside of this Site.
For students ages 13 and under users or anyone worried about student privacy issues, a print version of the BizzyB Concept Canvas is available.
Sharing of Personal Information
You and your child’s information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company or entity for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than our sharing personal information in the following ways to:
- trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, under the condition that such parties agree to keep your information confidential.
- comply with lawful requests, legal processes, enforce our Site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
- share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others such as through aggregated insight reports.
- execute or negotiate the transfer or sales of all or a part of our assets or entity including but not limited to any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- share your personal information, but only with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with other sites. All requests to share information with others about your child are explicitly prohibited unless specific parental approval is received.
Information Choices & Changes
You and your child have a number of information control options in our Site including:
- You may edit and/or delete your account and/or specific settings information including: parent name, associated student(s), associated BizzyB Group(s), postal address, time zone, email address, social media channels, phone number, password, demographic information (such as your gender and ethnic background) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
- You and your child may also edit and/or delete your child’s account and/or specific settings information including: student name, associated parent(s), associated BizzyB Group(s), associated BizzyB Team(s), postal address, time zone, email address, social media channels, phone number, school name, grade, graduation year, password, demographic information (such as gender and ethnic background), association with project teams, personal portfolio, authorship of Library templates, management of student groups, mentoring of teams, managing of contests and pre- and post- creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship skill and aspiration surveys.
- Group Leaders (Teachers) may mask student and team content from public display.
- You may “opt-out” of marketing emails. If you opt-out, we may still send non-marketing emails such as notifications about your account and our business dealings with you.
- You can remove and reject our Site’s cookies through your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. Note however, if you remove or reject our cookies, Site performance may be affected.
Protection of Data
While no website or application can guarantee security, we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information. We use a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into a payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Your Consent & Terms of Service