In order to complete business projects or mentor and comment on other users’ projects, you need to make an account. During account creation, we ask you for a username, your country, birth month and year, gender, and your email address (or your parent or guardian’s email address if you are under 13 years old). Other users can see your username and country, but not your age, gender, or email address.
All of your BizzyB projects, comments, and posts are stored on the BizzyB servers. Other users can see your shared projects, comments, and forum posts, along with your username. Because the BizzyB team is responsible for the application, we have access to all content stored on the BizzyB application and website, including unshared projects. If you want to work on adventures in complete privacy, we offer Adventure Books for sale at Amazon.com.
When you use BizzyB, our servers will automatically store a limited amount of information about how you use the application. This information includes a number that identifies your computer (the IP address), which pages you visited, and what browser you are using and how you use the application.
When you visit the BizzyB website, it may asks your browser to put an http “cookie” on your computer. The cookie is actually a small text file that our site can send to your browser for storage on your computer. This allows the website to remember that you are logged in when you go to a different page.
- We collect age and gender data so that we know who is using our website.
- If you forget your password, we will ask you to disclose to us your email address so that we can send you a new password.
- We will use your email address to respond to messages you send us or to communicate with you about bizzyb or other related services to your account.
- We send out occasional email updates about bizzyb to the confirmed email address on your account. BizzyB will never sell or share your email address without your permission. You can unsubscribe from these updates by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email.
- Parents and guardians who register their under-13 year olds for bizzyb may also receive additional updates from the Bizgenics Foundation, a non-profit that supports bizzyb educational initiatives. The Bizgenics Foundation will never sell or share your email address without your permission. You can unsubscribe from these updates by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email.
- If we detect repeated abusive behavior from your account, IP address, or email address, we may share your account name, IP address, and the time and content of the abusive behavior with the IP address owner (such as a school or internet service provider).
- We may use de-identified location, age, gender, and usage data in research studies intended to improve our understanding of how people learn with BizzyB. The results of this research are shared with educators and researchers through conferences, journals, and other publications.
- We may disclose some of the information we collect to third-party service providers that help us manage communications to and from the BizzyB app and website and improve app and website performance. We are satisfied that these service providers have privacy policies that restrict them from further disclosing any of your information.
- Other than as described above, we will never share personally identifiable information about you with any other person, company, or organization, except:
- As required to comply with our obligations under the law.
- For technical reasons, if we are required to transfer the data on our servers to another location or organization.
- Bizenics Foundation reserves the right to share user information with the appropriate authorities (including schools, school districts, and law enforcement, when necessary) for the purposes of protecting the safety of users, other individuals, or the security of the site.