BizzyB Goes Live 03.01.18
BizzyB is an innovation-based learning platform for students grades K-12. Key features include:
- Adventure Library: Students are granted access to an app store of fun entrepreneurial adventures for individuals or teams of students. Each team engages in project-based adventures, which culminate into a launch-ready business.
- Team Collaboration: Teams will learn to achieve required responsibilities within their leadership roles and work together to accomplish project milestones. Mastering student editing features will help teams accomplish tasks smarter and faster.
- Remote Mentoring: Receive exclusive access to expert mentors that are ready to provide big ideas and insider tips to successfully complete your business adventure.
- Soft Skills Assessment: BizzyB cultivates essential life-readiness skills that prepare students for success in college and the modern workforce. Our platform evaluates individualized soft skill development from the beginning to end of a student’s business adventure.
- Student Portfolios: Each student receives an electronic portfolio that displays completed projects and mastery badging.
Soft Skills Development & Measurement
As a project-based learning application, BizzyB cultivates 21st Century “soft skills.” While Soft Skills standards vary in scope and detail, seven core soft skills have been defined as relevant to campus performance and to careers:
- Visioning: instincts, perspective, philosophical skills, self-starting, insight.
- Teamwork: leadership, team-building, collaboration.
- Innovation: creativity, conceptualization, perseverance, free-association, logical-thinking, learning, problem-solving, pattern recognition.
- Communication: expression, emotional intelligence, engagement, presentation skills, symbolism skills, visual skills, language skills, poetry skills, artistic skills.
- Relationship: confidence, morale-building, evangelism, self-awareness, empathy skills.
- Judgment: Critical-thinking, judgment, choice, question-framing, analysis, reasoning, risk assessment, risk-taking.
- Work Ethic: motivation, time management, ability to work on own, giving feedback, receiving feedback, independence.
To evaluate individual soft skills development, BizzyB is powered by a backend technology that is formulated to assess user soft skills. This includes a data structure that tracks user and mentor interactions with high-segmented system content. For more on the backend taxonomy, see Bizgenics Innovation Framework »