BizzyB is a project-based learning platform that features a library of innovation challenges that result in measurable triple-bottom-line results. Key application features include:
- Business Adventure Library: BizzyB provides an extensive library of hands-on innovation projects like Build a Lemonade Stand, Make a Craft Product, Stage a Show and more! Each project is a practical life-readiness challenge that culminates in an entrepreneurial outcome. Users begin by selecting an adventure, then invite team members and complete assignments to become launch-ready.
- Mobile Mentoring: Teams invite mentors to comment on and rate project assignments via mobile phone apps. Mentors are matched to projects within their respective experiences. Typical mentors include teachers, family members and friends. Schools may match alumni or business experts.
- 3X Bottom-Line Results: Each Business Adventure ends with students opening and operating a business, even if only for a day. Results are tabulated against students’ pre-defined triple bottom-line goals of People, Planet & Profit.
A Project-Based Learning Community
BizzyB is more than just a project-based learning platform, it’s also a social community built around youth entrepreneurs. Platform participants include:
- Youth Entrepreneurs: Grades 8 to 12, rich or poor, urban or rural are all welcome. As long as you have a big idea and a passion in your gut, BizzyB is for you!
- Parents: Support your child in learning positive business values, leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial skills at minimal cost. It’s a wholesome, safe activity that pays big dividends – now and in the future.
- Teachers: Customize assignment workflow and deadlines make curriculum the way you need it. Self-directed exercises and an engaging navigational interface make your job easy. You’re also empowered to draft mentors and math them to students and/or teams.
- Mentors: Share your knowledge and experience from wherever you’re at via mobile mentoring features. Support your alma mater or volunteer your time to under-served children.
- Business Organizations: Promote the art of business and help under-served children by providing mentors and/or buying and distributing in-app tokens to BizzyB Business Adventures.
Soft Skill Assessment & Tracking
BizzyB is powered by a backend technology that is formulated to assess user soft skills via a data structure that tracks user and mentor interactions with high-segmented system content. For more on the backend taxonomy, see Bizgenics.com. Soft skills tracking includes:
- Visioning: instincts, perspective, philosophical skills, self-starting, insight.
- Teamwork: leadership, team-building, collaboration.
- Innovation: creativity, conceptualization, perseverance, free-association, logical-thinking, learning, problem-solving, pattern recognition.
- Communication: expression, emotional intelligence, engagement, presentation skills, symbolism skills, visual skills, language skills, poetry skills, artistic skills.
- Relationship: confidence, morale-building, evangelism, self-awareness, empathy skills.
- Judgment: Critical-thinking, judgment, choice, question-framing, analysis, reasoning, risk assessment, risk-taking.
- Work Ethic: motivation, time management, ability to work on own, giving feedback, receiving feedback, independence.